Samsung Galaxy S8 | FRP Bypass Guide¶
This comprehensive guide aims to provide a straightforward and reliable method for bypassing the Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on Samsung Galaxy S8 devices. Many existing tutorials and guides on this topic are often convoluted or ineffective, leading to frustration for users. Therefore, this guide has been created to simplify the process and serve as a reliable resource. Please note that the methods described in this guide may differ from other published resources.
Note: Avoid Misleading APK Files
It is important to be cautious of APK files that claim to provide quick solutions for FRP bypass. Instead, follow the proper procedure outlined in this guide for reliable results.
Before proceeding, make sure you have the following:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 device
- Access to a computer running Windows operating system
- USB cable to connect your device to the computer
- Stock ROM for your specific device model (can be obtained from Sammobile)
If you are using a Windows computer, follow these steps:
Download the appropriate stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S8 device from the provided link.
Extract the downloaded file to obtain the necessary firmware files.
Open the flashing tool specific to your device (e.g., Odin).
In the flashing tool, locate the corresponding firmware files within the extracted folder.
Load the firmware files into the appropriate fields, such as AP, BL, and others, as instructed by the flashing tool.
Connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 device to the computer using a USB cable.
Ensure that the device is recognized by the flashing tool.
Once the device is recognized, click the "Start" button to initiate the firmware flashing process.
Wait for the process to complete, and your device will be flashed with the stock ROM.
To install Heimdall (Flashtool for Samsung Devices) on Gentoo, run the following commands:
To detect your Samsung Galaxy S8 device, execute the following command:
To download the PIT file without rebooting your device, use the following command:
To print the contents of the PIT file without rebooting your device, use the following command:
Boot the Device into Flash Mode¶
To boot your device into flash mode, follow these steps:
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the volume down button along with the power button.
Flashing the Customized ROM¶
Please note that I cannot upload the customized ROM here due to GitHub policies. You will need to find the ROM yourself using online search engines.
To flash the customized ROM using Odin or a similar tool, follow these steps:
- Launch Odin or the flashing tool specific to your device.
- Load the ROM file into the appropriate field (e.g., AP).
- Leave the other fields blank.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Ensure that the device is recognized by the flashing tool.
- Once the device is recognized, click the "Start" button to initiate the flashing process.
- Wait for the process to complete, and your device will be flashed with the customized ROM.
Custom ROM Developer Mode¶
Once your device is booted into the customized developer ROM, you will have access to ADB shell. Follow the steps below to proceed:
- Open the notification bar.
Note: On the latest firmware, expanding the notification bar using the touchscreen is not possible. You can bypass this by executing the following command:
This will give you control over the notification bar.
- Remove any unnecessary settings.
Danger: Be cautious when modifying IMEI settings unless you fully understand what you are doing. Incorrect changes may brick your device.
Delete any accounts added on the device.
Check all settings using the following command:
- Adjust settings according to your requirements. Here are some examples:
adb shell settings put global add_users_when_locked 1
adb shell settings put global mobile_data 0
adb shell settings put global add_users_when_locked force_allow_on_external 1
adb shell settings put global charging_sounds_enabled 0
adb shell settings put global bluetooth_on 1
adb shell settings put global boot_count 0
- Pull all pre-installed applications using the following commands:
This will allow you to access the pre-installed applications.
While booted into FACTORY BINARY, you can perform additional tricks:
List secure settings:
Set "user_setup_complete" to 1:
Turn off location:
Turn on accessibility:
Turn on accessibility injection:
Allow non-market apps:
Allow push notifications and receive SMS with a popup in notifications:
Disable lock feature:
Allow use of volume buttons:
Disable lock screen:
Enable maximum brightness (default: 72):
- For users interested in faster download speeds without paying, I recommend checking the source code of the provided files. You may find a zip file that allows you to download the ROMs at full speed without any cost. Take some time to explore and locate the zip file.
I would like to express my gratitude to my friends who provided me with the opportunity to experiment with the Samsung Galaxy S8. I successfully unlocked the device free of charge, you know who they are.
Visit my websites and profiles for the latest information and updated tools:
- GitHub: https://github.com/wuseman/
- Personal website: [https://www.nr1.nu)(https://nr1.nu)